Meet the new Mission mode — «Shipyard defence.» This mode is the beginning of the upcoming storyline. So, today, we would like to tell you more about this mode.
In this mode, you have to protect the construction site of a dreadnought against enemy sabotage. AI-controlled ships are your enemies, coming in waves. The strength of these waves is not equal, they unevenly alternate, with a strong wave replaced by a weak one and so forth. Waves arrive in rounds with four rounds in total. In the fourth round, you will meet the most powerful enemy — «The Punisher» — a T5 ship with unique abilities. Keep in mind that the technological level of enemies does not depent on the technological level of the player, so they may even be stronger than you! But is even more interesting this way!
There are also three monitoring stations on the map. Enemies try to capture them to disrupt the construction of the dreadnought. In order to win back the territory, you have to go through all the rounds, destroy enemies and protect at least one control station. Please note that your allotted time is limited!
Not an easy task? It's just right for you, space explorers!
List of changes:Edit
- Time to complete the mission was increased to 45minutes.
- Strengthened ships attacking in the first waves of "Protection"
- Fixed some issues on Intel graphics cards which leaded the game to crash.
- Added "Missions" to the game. These are battle scenarios, meant to be completed by tightly-knit groups of pilots:
- The number of pilots required for the missions - 4 people. You can enter as a squad.
- To start the mission, select the appropriate menu item in the drop-down list of game modes.
- The first scenario "Shipyard defence" is available now: you have to defend a dreadnought under construction from enemy attacks.
- You need to make sure that the enemies do not destroy "control stations" that coordinate the progress of the construction.
- Please note that at this time the complexity of missions is designed for players with T2-T3 ships
- The progress of the mission is divided into several stages with different tasks, with each successfully passed stage providing additional attempts to search for loot at the end of the fight.
- The quality of loot depends on the level of your ship (but rare loot will not be better than T2).
Game balance: MatchmakingEdit
- Further improvements in matchmaking and balance.
Weapons and modules: GeneralEdit
- Plasma charges speed increased by 15%.
- Railgun projectiles speed increased by 10%.
- Reduced damage of all long-range modifications of weapons by 10%.
- Minimum requirements to enable afterburner are now the same for all ships of a single class, regardless their technological level.
- Fixed several bugs that led to game client crashes.
- Premium minefield now also carries double the charge